Slips & trips in the workplace – what should you do?

Navdip Gill | Sep 2017

621,000 people are injured annually at work in the UK despite there being a raft of regulations to protect employees.

The law requires that employers must ensure the health and safety of their employees and take steps to prevent slips and trips at work. Nevertheless, accidents still happen and if you are unfortunate to have an accident at work then you may find this guide helpful.
What should you do if you have an accident?

All accidents at work must be reported and entered into the Accident Book. If you believe that the accident was not your fault and that your employer or another employee was to blame then it is important to make this clear in the Accident Book. If you believe you have a claim you should collect as much evidence as possible to assist your Solicitor in making a successful claim.

Your Solicitor will want to know the following

  • Were there any witnesses?
  • Was the accident reported to someone at work?
  • Was the accident entered into the Accident Book?
  • Are there any photographs of the accident scene showing the spillage or trip hazard?
  • If you slipped on liquid, do you know where it had come from, the size of the spillage and how long it had been there?
  • Have there been any previous similar accidents or complaints?

Injuries from trips and slips can be serious, preventing you from working and having significant financial implications. As experienced personal injury solicitors we can help you pursue a claim for compensation and financial losses.

Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors Personal Injury Team can offer you a FREE 30 minute telephone appointment to discuss your accident. During this call we will advise if you have a claim, how long it should take and what you can claim for. Call 01908 689369 or email

Navdip Gill, Partner

Navdip Gill | Partner

Share this:

Categories: Personal Injury